Mucahit Kochan, Ph.D.
Investments, Risk Management, and Empirical Corporate Finance
Dr. Mucahit Kochan is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Governors State University. He earned his Master of Science in Accounting and Information Management from the University of Texas at Dallas and his Ph.D. in Finance at The University of North Texas. Dr. Kochan has taught a variety of courses at both graduate and undergraduate levels including Investments, Principles of Financial Management, Financial Management, Advanced Corporate Finance, and Risk Management & Insurance.
Before joining Governors State's faculty, Dr. Kochan was an Assistant Professor of Finance at Tiffin University in Ohio.
Dr. Kochan's Research Focus:
- Risk management
- Empirical corporate finance
Recent Relevant Works:
- Bank Dividend-Cuts and the Stock Market Reaction Around the Great Recession, with Mujtaba Zia, Journal of Finance Issues, Vol. 16, Issue 1, Spring 2017, PP. 18-30.
- Supply chain resilience and the value of the firm: An event study approach
- Information Content of Iron Butterfly Arbitrage Bounds
- Diminishing Equity Premium of the 21st Century