Katy Hisrich, Ph.D.
Educational Psychology, Literacy, Technology, Teacher Preparation and Culturally Responsive Teaching Practices Expert
Dr. Katy Hisrich is an Associate Professor of Education at Governors State University, where she is the Program Coordinator of Early Childhood Education. She is a Faculty in Residence at the Center for the Junior Year, Faculty Committee Chair and Advisor for both the Student Education Association as well as Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education. Dr. Hisrich received her Master of Arts in Elementary Education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She went on to receive her Ph.D. in Philosophy, Education Psychology at Arizona State University.
Before joining Governor State University, Dr. Hisrich had a host of teaching roles, including as an Adjunct Professor at the College of Lake County, a Faculty Associate at Arizona State University and as a Parent Educator at New Directions Institute for Infant Brain Development in Arizona.
Dr. Hisrich also consults with various organizations to provide training, design programs, write curriculum, develop websites, and conduct data analysis and market research.
Dr. Hisrich’s Research Focus:
- Educational psychology – learning and lifespan development
- Teacher preparation
- Culturally responsive teaching practices
- Hisrich, K. E. & Kelly, A. (2021). Reflections of EC Teacher Candidates in 1st/2nd Grade Classrooms - Spring 2021,
- Governors State University [Blog], https://ecteachercandidates-sp21-govst.blogspot.com/
- Hisrich, K. E. & Thorn, J. (2021). Reflections of EC MA Teacher Candidates: FE1, Infants/Toddlers - Spring 2021,
- Governors State University. [Blog], https://ecmateachercandidates-govstate-sp2021.blogspot.com/
- Hisrich, K. E. (2020). Reflections of Teacher Candidates, 1st & 2nd Grades - Governors State University, Spring 2020 [ Blog], https://teachercandidates-govstate-spring2020.blogspot.com/
- Hisrich, K. E. & McCaffrey, M. (2020). Planning and preparing for read-alouds. Reading
- Improvement, 49(2). https://irc.memberclicks.net/ircj492202112
Dr. Hisrich is available to talk about educational psychology, literacy, technology, teacher preparation and culturally responsive teaching practices. If you would like to arrange an interview with Dr. Hisrich, please contact Zion Banks, Media & External Relations, 708.235.7685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.