Erica Ceka, Ph.D.
Public and Nonprofit Budgeting and Financial Management Expert
Dr. Erica Ceka is an Assistant Professor in the College of Arts and Sciences at Governors State University. She earned a Masters in Public Administration and a Ph.D. in Political Science from Northern Illinois University.
Before Governors State University, Dr. Ceka was a visiting assistant professor at University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee from 2020 - 2023 and a visiting assistant professor at Northern Illinois University from 2019 - 2020.
Dr. Ceka's Research Focus:
- Collaborative performance management
- Public and nonprofit budgeting
- Nonprofit finance
- Fiscal reforms in Eastern European countries
- Can Transparency Foster More Understanding and Compliant Citizens? https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/puar.12790
- Legacy Effect of Soviet Budgeting System on Public Capital Budgeting: Cases of Russia, Moldova, and Uzbekistan. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01900692.2021.1916950?casa_token=JqMTayZZHWwAAAAA%3A0iE-kwPiKV3veJU44JRtxNohCeUKBn7wl69xX0fbVkSbF3AvMu2Ua1ChdT832ryAwgFJSZot_2k6SQ
- Use of employee assistance programs to manage stress in policing: the effects of perceived adequacy of assistance and opportunity for promotion. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/PIJPSM-02-2020-0023/full/html
- Public Capital Budgeting and Management Process in Moldova. https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/public-capital-budgeting-and-management-process-in-moldova/222852
- Linking Objective-Oriented Transparency to Political Leadership and Strategic Planning. https://rtsa.ro/tras/index.php/tras/article/view/505
- Understanding Collaborative Performance: The Case of Illinois 9-1-1 Emergency Call Service. https://www.proquest.com/docview/2306288597?fromopenview=true&pq-origsite=gscholar&parentSessionId=CHVlCYTnPETb03eU%2B1vfefOxeRIepvK0zTu8dB6pxBQ%3D
- Nattering Nabobs of Negativism are no Match for Participatory Budgeting. https://icma.org/sites/default/files/PM%20July%202018%20LGR%20-%20Final.pdf
- Interlocal Relations. http://encyclopedia.federalism.org/index.php/Interlocal_Relations
Dr. Ceka is available to talk about current trends and issues in public and nonprofit budgeting and collaborative performance management. If you would like to arrange an interview with Dr. Ceka, please contact Zion Banks, Media & External relations, 708.235.7685 or email@example.com.