Anton Lewis, Ph.D.
Critical Race Theorist and Accounting Expert
Dr. Anton Lewis is an Associate Professor of Accounting in the College of Business at Governors State University.
Dr. Lewis earned a Bachelors degree in Accounting and Finance and a Ph.D. in Accounting. He previously taught at University of Wisconsin, Green Bay, Saint Xavier University and Valparaiso University.
Dr. Lewis' Research Focus:
- The lack of Black accountants in the U.K. and U.S.
- Race and accounting
- A comparative analysis of Black America vs. Black Britain
- Lewis, A.M. (2022). Smoke and mirrors. Race and the CPA. The CPA Journal, Smoke and Mirrors - The CPA Journal
- Lewis, A.M. (2020). When Will We Be Able to Breathe in Accounting? Provoking an Honest Conversation about Race and Racism in the Profession. The CPA Journal, https://www.cpajournal.com/2020/09/30/when-will-we-be-able-to-breathe-in-accounting/
- Racial inequalities in the accounting profession: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/topics/equality-and-people/blog/racial-inequalities-accounting-profession
- Beacon Blog: https://stories.valpo.edu/beaconblog/coffee-break-with-professor-anton-lewis-valparaiso-university
- Interviews: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/topics/equality-and-people/news/race-accounting-must-make-numbers
- blackandwhitebeans's podcast: blackandwhitebeans's podcast (libsyn.com)
- The Positive Power of Difference in Different Places | TEDx Talk: https://youtu.be/v_S7IDzFiiA
- Accounting Influencers Podcast: https://accountinginfluencers.captivate.fm/episode/diversity-in-accounting-a-new-big-4-rival
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) - Count Me In Podcast Episode 177: Count Me In® | Search Results (imanet.org)
Dr. Lewis is available to talk about the experience of Black accountants in the profession. If you would like to arrange an interview with Dr. Lewis, please contact Zion Banks, Media & External Relations, 708.235.7685 or email@example.com.