Praggyan (Pam) Mohanty, Ph.D.
Advertising, Visual Persuasion, Consumer Information Processing, and Prosocial Behavior Expert
Dr. Praggyan (Pam) Mohanty is an Associate Professor of Marketing at Governors State University. She earned her Ph.D. in Marketing from the Trulaske College of Business, University of Missouri. She has published in reputed, peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Advertising, the Journal of Memory and Language, Psychology and Aging, and Marketing Letters.
Before working at Governors State University, she worked in top multinational companies, in the areas of marketing research (Nielsen, India) and advertising (MullenLowe Lintas, India).
Dr. Mohanty's Research Focus:
- Visual persuasion
- Consumer information processing
- Prosocial behavior
- Mohanty, Praggyan (Pam), and Moshe Naveh-Benjamin (2018), "Mitigating the adverse effects of response deadline on recognition memory: Differential effects of semantic memory support on item and associative memory," Journal of Memory and Language, 102, 182-194, doi: 10.1016/j.jml.2018.05.010
- Journal of Memory and Language® is a premier journal in psychology and a top-ranking journal in the area of language and linguists. It contributes to the formulation of scientific issues and theories in the areas of memory, language comprehension and production, and cognitive processes. Journal Quality Indicators - 2018 Impact Factor: 2.829; 5-Year Impact Factor: 5.148.
- Mohanty, Praggyan and S. Ratneshwar (2016), “Visual Metaphors in Ads: The Inverted-U Effects of Incongruity on Processing Pleasure and Ad Effectiveness,” Journal of Promotion Management, 22 (3), 443-460, doi: 10.1080/10496491.2016.1154924.
- Mohanty, Praggyan, Moshe Naveh-Benjamin, and S. Ratneshwar (2016), “Beneficial Effects of Schematic Support on Older Adults' Memory: Differential Patterns of Support of Item and Associative Information,” Psychology and Aging, 31 (1), 25-36, doi: 10.1037/pag0000059.
- Psychology and Aging® is published by the American Psychological Association (APA). It publishes original articles on adult development and aging. Journal Quality Indicators - 2015 Impact Factor: 2.725; 5-Year Impact Factor: 3.618; Ranking: 6 of 32 in Gerontology
- Mohanty, Praggyan and S. Ratneshwar (2015), “Did You Get It? Factors Influencing Subjective Comprehension of Visual Metaphors in Advertising,” Journal of Advertising, 44 (3), 232-242, doi:10.1080/00913367.2014.967424.
- The Journal of Advertising (JA) is the premier academic publication covering significant intellectual development pertaining to advertising theories and their relationship with practice. Journal of Advertising is the Official Journal of the American Academy of Advertising. Journal Quality Indicators - 2015 Impact Factor: 2.288. Rankings: 6/79 in Communication; 31/120 in Business.
- Chowdhury, Tilottama G., S. Ratneshwar, and Praggyan Mohanty (2009), “The Time-Harried Shopper: Exploring the Differences between Maximizers and Satisficers,” Marketing Letters, 20 (2), 155-167, doi: 10.1007/s11002-008-9063-0.
- Marketing Letters: A Journal of Research in Marketing publishes high-quality, shorter papers on marketing, the emphasis being on immediacy and current interest. Journal Quality Indicators - 2015 Impact Factor: 1.508
Dr. Mohanty is available to talk about advertising, visual persuasion, consumer information processing, and prosocial behavior. If you would like to arrange an interview with Dr. Mohanty, please contact Zion Banks, Media & External Relations, 708.235.7685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.